Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 6, 2016


Sisar Roberts went out to find investigators...and found turtles. The search continues!

This week I learned some new Finnish words. I was trying to say ''he was sorry'' or ''Hän oli pahoilla'' but I said ''Hän oli Paholinen'' which means ''He was the evil one'' aka Satan. It's a good thing I have an amazing Finnish companion to help me out! 

We had a pretty great week and on Sunday I was asked to be a translator in church! I had attempted it once before because we have a few people here in our ward that don't speak Finnish and it did not go very well. Translating is a lot harder than I thought it would be, especially since I still don't fully understand people when they talk to me. But we had an American family here visiting and they needed a translator... in Primary. It was actually awesome, Sisar Andersson and I got to go to primary with all of the little kids and I sat next to this 10 year old girl and translated the lesson for her. The lesson was about missionary work and for the first time since I've been in Finland I understood everything that was being said. I loved being able to help out in the primary class and it was definitely the most awake I've been in a long time. In general Finns are kind of quiet people and it's a really quiet country so being in a room with a bunch of loud kids was kind of a culture shock! It was cool singing all of the primary songs that I've grown up with like ''I am a child of God'' in Finnish and really being able to see how our church is the same everywhere in the world. 

I love this church and I love being a missionary. I have a testimony of this gospel and how much of a gift it is. I feel so blessed for this opportunity to share it with others. I think that my mission has made me realize just how blessed I have been to have had this opportunity to be raised in the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment