Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 27, 2016






What a great week! My new companion is Sisar Holbrook!!! She is from Utah and is so awesome.  We have already taught a couple lessons together and it I know it will be a great transfer. I was kind of worried that my Finnish wouldn't be good enough to help someone that is new to the country but if I've learned anything this week it's that this is the Lord's work. He helps us when we feel inadequate and He never leaves us alone. One of my favorite scriptures has been on replay in my head this week, it's the one in the book of Joshua (1:9) that says '' be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed for the Lord thy God is with thee, whithersoever thou goest.'' I don't know if that is an exact quote but it's still my favorite scripture and I know that it is true and that the Lord qualifies whom He calls! I am very grateful for that. I have also come to realize that I don't need to know perfect Finnish to be able to have conversations with people, I am sure that would be nice and I am definitely still working on it but I don't feel the need to stress about it any more.

We have a great group of investigators, some new and we've been busy trying to meet with them all. Every time we teach some one about the gospel of Jesus Christ I just feel my own testimony growing. I love being a missionary and I have loved this opportunity to serve in the beautiful country of Finland!

No comments:

Post a Comment