Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 31, 2016



Our crazy district!


Terve Kaikkille! There have been some new missionary rule changes and as of last week we are allowed to wear sunglasses and sunhats! I don't see myself buying a hat but it's been so nice not having to glare at people when I talk to them because of the sun. It's sunny all of the time! I don't know when the sun goes down anymore but it's still bright out at 10:30 at night. This week our phone was accidentally cancelled so we had a bit of a panic moment but 2 long days later we were able to call our investigators again. 

I learned a valuable lesson about listening to the promptings of the spirit the other day. Sister Hayter and I were contacting people on the street and we started talking to this really friendly old man. He invited us to walk with him as he walked to the grocery store and just chat with him. It was just a really nice change from people not wanting to talk to us that I kind of ignored this feeling that something was off. We continued to walk and talk a bit and then he started to ask us if we were married or had boyfriends.....and then he explained that he had two wives and then he proceeded to propose to Sister Hayter. I just kind of stood there in shock, like was this really happening? And this whole conversation was in Finnish as well so I just kind of stared at Sister Hayter thinking that I must have misunderstood. But then she kindly rejected his marriage proposal and then we left feeling really grossed out..... So that happened. We had to get a piece of cake to make us feel better and then we went back to work! It was such a weird day. I will try and listen better to the Holy Ghost next time!!! 

We have been meeting a lot with our investigator that's being baptized next month and he is so amazing!!! I feel like God always blesses me when I least expect it. Sister Hayter and I are SO excited for him and it's been amazing to be apart of the process. Two of our investigators are refugees and hearing their stories, it just makes me so grateful for everything I've had. It has really put a lot of things into perspective as I've come to realize how blessed I've been. I know this church is true and I know that we have so many blessings even if we don't always notice them. I know that sometimes just saying a prayer of thanks even when things seem hard is one of the best ways we show our love to our Heavenly Father. I know He loves us. Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa aamen. 

We have a Swede in our district and he requested a no smiling picture for Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment