Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May 3, 2016



One of the sketchy ways to eat kebab!


Mitä Kuulu! Another good week here in Vaasa and I don't want to jinx myself again but summer might be here! Ehkä! (maybe) We had zone conference in Oulu last Monday and the trip there and back was way long compared to the actual meeting so most of the day we were just on the train. As always we set new goals. We were challenged to ''Set goals that make us gasp!'' It is kind of scary to set huge goals because of the amount of work and planning required and most of all the amount of faith. As we have been trying to set higher goals than before I have noticed a difference and I feel like it definitely pushes us to work harder than ever. Also, I make a point to gasp every time we set goals now and it's probably really annoying.  

This past Sunday in church Sisar Kwok and I sang Herrasta ja Kuninkaasta or Called to Serve for the Relief Society because the topic for the week was missionary work! It was actually way fun and a really good opportunity to get to know the ward members better. They really are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Finns are just the best! They are always so willing to come to lessons and help out with the language. 

 May 1st was Vappu!!! It's a huge holiday here in Finland and it's basically just a huge party. It was great because there were a lot of people for us to talk to. We didn't go into the tori area (market area) on Vappu but they're opening up a ton of food stands for the summer and we hope to try out some :) Finland is really coming alive as it's been getting warmer and people are outside! The days are getting longer and the sun is still out at 9 o'clock at night! Luckily we have blackout curtains for when we go to sleep but it's so bright. ( I plan on buying sunscreen today Mom.) 


We will not be having a baptism this week for our investigator but we are still meeting with her and hope to set another date soon when the timing is better. I know that everything happens in the Lord's timing and that we just have to have faith. I am so grateful to be a missionary. There are so many people that don't know why we are here or who are struggling and don't know where they can find happiness. I know that through Christ we can do all things and that we can return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I love this church and I love knowing my purpose. Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa aamen.
O MY GOSH THE DONUTS!


No comments:

Post a Comment