Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24, 2016




This past week has been crazy! My new companion's name is Sisar Hayter!!! She's from Utah and don't let her last name fool you, she's actually really sweet. I said goodbye to Sisar Kwok last Tuesday and it was so weird. I am so grateful that she was my trainer and I learned so much from her. We celebrated our last day together by going to European McDonald's. (My brother would be proud.) I was nervous about getting a new companion but Sisar Hayter has been amazing. I have also come to realize that for once in my life I am not directionally confused. I actually know how to get around Vaasa without panicking now and I am learning how to read maps! It's such a silly thing but honestly it was one of my biggest stresses about the new transfer but everything has gone really well.


Sister Hayter and I had our first official lesson with one of our investigators last week and he said that he wants to be baptized! We were so excited and we set a date for next month. We've seen him a couple times since then and we're also teaching him tonight. I feel like a lot has happened this week but it all feels like a blur to me. We did a lot of walking because we had to wait for Sisar Hayter's driving record but the weather's been so beautiful that it was really fun to be outside. Before my mission I don't think I've ever reapplied sunscreen at 8 o'clock at night but I feel like the sun never goes down anymore. It's not the best for us gingers, but fear not! I have been trained very well by my mother! 

I am so grateful for this gospel and all of the blessings I've seen in my life. I know this church is true and that God hears and answers my prayers. I love sharing all of the things I believe in with others. Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment