Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 10, 2016


This is our church building here in Vaasa!

Hyvää Aitien Päivää! Happy Mother's Day! It was so cool talking to my amazing family on Sunday although we had some technical difficulties for a little bit and I think my Mom was in the process of booking a flight to Finland in case it didn't work. But it worked out and it was awesome! 

This past week Sisar Kwok sold her bike so it's been a lot of walking and a lot of sunscreen. This has officially been my first week in Finland without wearing tights! The sun is still out now when we go to bed at 10:30 every night. I am grateful for blackout curtains and my sleeping mask. 

I have tried Finnish ice cream or Jäätelö!!! And they sell licorice by the meter here and although the most Finnish flavor is salmioki I have come to find out that it's way gross. I have tried it twice but I don't think it'll grow on me. 

We have a baptism this week for our 9 year old investigator and I am super excited! He requested that we bring something chocolatey so we will be making him some brownies. It's been so fun to teach him and his family is so sweet so I am sure it'll be a great day.

We recently started teaching this woman that only speaks Spanish and German but is still willing to meet with us! Every time I would try to remember even a little bit of Spanish I would just reply in Finnish and then try again in English. We ended up understanding each other alright all things considered and we were able to watch a church video with her that had been translated into Spanish. It really helped to strengthen my testimony that the most important language is the language of the spirit. I know that if we are trying our best the Lord truly does help us out. We have a lesson with her tomorrow and we couldn't find someone that speaks German or Spanish to come with us. It'll be a lot of relying on the spirit again but I have faith that it'll work out!

I know that our Savior Jesus Christ loves us so very much and that it is only through Him that we can return to our loving Heavenly Father. I am so grateful to be in this wonderful land and to tell people about the restored gospel. I love bearing testimony that we are all part of God's family and that families can be together forever. Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa aamen.
We wash the car every p-day, that was last week. We basically just throw buckets of water at it and wipe it down. We don't drive often so it's never dirty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment