Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October 18, 2016

Studying Finnish!!

Half way there! I hit my 9 month mark last Thursday and it was the weirdest thing ever. Time is going way too fast! This past week we had Zone conference in Haaga with all of Helsinki Zone. We got to hear from the Watsons and from a couple of the new senior couples that just came here. 

Last Saturday the Elders in our ward had a baptism! We were able to go to it and 3 of our investigators came as well! It was truly a great week, especially seeing the baptism and seeing how happy their investigator was afterwards. One of our investigators that came to the service is being baptized on November 5th and now every time we meet with him he starts off by saying, '' What am I learning today?'' He is so excited for his own baptism and has such great faith. (He is the one that told us he wanted to be baptized after General Conference) 

Fun fact about Finland is they don't name their babies until like 2 months after they are already born. Usually they get their names when they are baptized into the Lutheran church, or in our church when they receive their baby blessing. They refuse to tell anyone the baby's name until then, even their parents! I think my mother would kill me! 

Next week is interim, which means we will be spending a couple days at the mission home to receive training for all of the new missionaries. They have had to do it in two separate groups because there is so many new missionaries. It's been another great week and I love it here in Finland. Even though there were two days this past week where it was so overcast that we couldn't see the sun and I'm pretty sure I'll start seeing the sun less and less, it has been such a joy to serve the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment