Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 21, 2017





'' My English is getting worse but it's not like it's being replaced with good Finnish''- A quote from an unnamed missionary this past week. Truer words have never been said! Here is a rundown of last week! We started off with a Zone Conference this past Wednesday and it was great seeing the whole zone together again. Sisar Watson issued us all a challenge to step up our morning workouts and Sister Adams and I did just that! We started to go jogging in the morning and I have so much more energy now and I am actually awake for our morning planning that we do afterwards. And the mornings here are gorgeous, it's covered in snow and Finland is basically all forest anyways so if we head out just a bit from where we live we can go running through the snow covered forest and it is beautiful! 


We also had exchanges last Thursday in Lahti. I got to spend a lot of the day with one sister who is one of the few converts in our mission. She's from Lithuania and I got to hear her amazing conversion story and hear about the church in Lithuania. The church has only been established there for around 20 years and the country has only had it's freedom for about 27 years. So everyone there is a convert and has amazing faith. 


When we got back we got to go to a baptismal service! I love watching people get baptized and how incredibly happy they are. I know that this church is true and that it is only through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that we can have joy. I am so grateful for the Bible and the Book of Mormon that teach me more about the Savior and how I can be more like him. I know that God has a plan for each of His children.





No comments:

Post a Comment