Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 14, 2017


Sisar Roberts and Adams after their first Zone Training Meeting together!


So much has happened and I don't have much time to write about it! I will summarize! The Zone Leaders and us held the Zone Training meeting last Tuesday and it went really well. I know the Lord helped me a lot because I am not a fan of public speaking! Sisar Adams and I taught the Zone about proper pronunciation for Finnish and then we demonstrated a role play about how to follow up with investigators and members after helping them share the gospel with their friends on social media.
(It's an activity we've been doing a lot recently.) 


Then the next day we headed off to the mission home again for a leadership training meeting! The day after that I headed off to central Helsinki for the day to do work while Sisar Adams had to stay at the mission home for ''My Plan''. It's a meeting all of the departing missionaries now go to in their last transfer. Then, on Saturday we held my first ever exchanges with the Tampere 2 sisters! It was cool because I got to spend a lot of the day with my former companion Sisar Pugmire and I got to know her amazing new companion. 


On Sunday I gave my first ever talk in Finland! I was asked to introduce myself to the ward and share why I decided to serve a mission and how it has helped me. I started off by saying that I still remember the amazing missionaries that taught my parents and how grateful I was to them and that it took me a long time to actually decide to serve a mission. But I am super glad that I did! After I sat down Sisar Adams and I had to plan our lesson that we were teaching in  third hour (we hadn't had any time to prepare) and then we taught third hour in church and it went surprisingly well! It was definitely because the Lord was helping us! 


Something cool that happened this week was that we got to teach a deaf woman yesterday. We had met her the day before at her door and this time we came prepared with a huge white board from home! After we started to meeting we started to write out questions to get to know her better. She started saying how she knows that she doesn't have much time left because she's really old and has already lost her hearing so we read with her from the scriptures about how Christ overcame death so that we can all be resurrected. We wrote out that she has a loving Heavenly Father and that He has a plan for her. It was such an amazing lesson. It had to be super simple because it took a while to write it all down (especially in Finnish) but the spirit was so strong and we hope to go back soon. 


Also, today is Ystävän Päivä! In Finland it's not ''Valentines Day'' it's ''Friends Day'' and they celebrate friendship. It's actually really cute. The bakeries went crazy and it was literally a struggle to only get one pastry. Finland knows how to bake. Hyvää Ystävän Päivää!!! Happy Valentines Day! 


Sisar Roberts and Adams needed a short rest from tracting 
We love our tracting days! Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment