Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 21, 2016



Our Elders and our investigators!!!

Today is the Summer Solstice! AKA the longest day of the year here in Finland and the sun will literally not be going down the whole day. This Friday and Saturday are huge holidays here in Finland, it's Juhannus which means midsummer.  This week we started off by having another Zone Training meeting in Oulu, it was really great to see all of the missionaries in our zone together and to learn form them. We got to eat at this place called Classic Diner during our layover in Seinäjoki and I was way excited to have ''American food'' again. Sister Hayter got a 20 euro burger which looked amazing and I got chicken fingers and french fries, America! But because we're in Europe we ate it all with fork and knives.... it felt wrong to eat french fries with a fork but at least the food was good! 




the American diner!


On Saturday our investigator got baptized! His name is Monday ( I finally got permission to share his name and pictures!) He is so amazing and seeing him get baptized was one of the happiest moments of my life. Seeing him so happy was the most rewarding feeling ever and I am so grateful that I got to be a part of it. It's really hard to describe everything that happened leading up to it but I just learned a lot from this experience and it strengthened my testimony of the gospel and just how much our Heavenly Father loves us. 

I feel like so much has happened this past week but it's really hard to put into words. I have such a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that he's my Savior and that he loves us. Speaking Finnish is still a daily struggle for me but if the people I talk to know anything it's that our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and through studying it I've come to know my savior a lot better. Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa aamen.


Monday's baptism!!!!


Us and Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment