Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 23, 2017


This picture was taken at  8:45 PM,
is shows how much sun we still have at night. 

Us after the baptism!


Last week was probably one of the best weeks of my life. Our amazing investigator got baptized!!! The day of his baptism was so special and I couldn't help but think of Doctrine and Covenants chapter 18 that talks about how great the worth of souls are in the sight of God. And about how great our joy shall be if we can bring but one soul unto Christ. Our mission president always talks about finding ''the one''. He likes to reference the Book of Mormon in the book of Mosiah chapter 17:2 that says "But there was one'' referring to Alma and how he was the only one that listened to the words of the prophet Abinadi. We as missionaries have been encouraged to find that one person everyday and to uplift them and bring them closer to Christ. Sometimes we know the impact of our words on others and a lot of the time we will never know. I know that our investigator was definitely one of the many reasons why I needed to serve in Finland and I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be doing the best kind of work there is. There is nothing else that I would rather be doing with my time than helping others come unto Christ.


During our investigators baptismal service I just couldn't stop smiling and I am glad that on my mission I have come to find out what true joy is. I  have loved teaching people from all different backgrounds on my mission as well. We just got a new investigator the other day who is an 85 year old Finnish woman and she is just the cutest person. She has hearing aids and we had to keep repeating ourselves and talk really loud and slow. She kept telling us that we had weird accents.....I guess that would be our American accents! But we are meeting with her again next week! I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and that if people can't understand us perfectly they can at least feel the spirit as we testify of Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment