Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 26, 2016








I'm in Helsinki! I thought Marjaniemi (maaar-yan-knee-eem- E) was a city but it's just a street name. So I'm in the eastern part of Helsinki and it's definitely a lot different here than in Vaasa but I'm already loving it. I got here last Tuesday and had to say bye to Sisar Hayter and I got my new companion Sisar Andersson! She's really cool and this past week together has already been a lot of fun. We use the metro (subway) a lot here and lots of buses. It's really confusing and I don't know how to get anywhere yet but luckily Sisar Andersson does. Also, I think that I was starting to feel alright about my Finnish and that I could understand people better.....and then I came to Helsinki and people talk really different here. I have an investigator that I really can't understand at all ... but it's also good motivation to keep learning the language! I don't have much time to write but I love it here and I know I'm in Helsinki for a reason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment