Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 12, 2016


You know you're serving in Finland when you can wear sunglasses at five in the morning! We had another Zone Conference in Oulu yesterday and the trains got delayed and we ended up having to stay the night unexpectedly. So we woke up at 4:30 AM to make our train and we just got back to Vaasa around 11. I am so tired but the conference was amazing so it was totally worth it. We are getting transfer calls this Friday and this time I have no idea what to expect. I really want to stay in Vaasa, which according to other missionaries means that I'm probably leaving. 

Something not so awesome that happened that happened last Tuesday is that Sister Hayter and I accidentally locked ourselves out of our apartment. Luckily we had our phone but we had to call a bunch of people and eventually someone was able to let us in a little after 10 PM. It was a long day.... but it was nice to laugh about it the next day. 

Something exciting that's going on is that BYU's Jazz band is coming to Vaasa to perform! They are doing music and the spoken word today at one of the local colleges. Talk about random! They are also having concerts tomorrow and Thursday and WE GET TO GO! I am so excited and it'll be a great opportunity for missionary work as well. 

I always have a hard time remembering what I've done the past week because time on a mission is probably one of the weirdest things ever. I feel like I've been here forever and it also feels like the blink of an eye. I love being a missionary and I hope to be able to have another great week. Teidän että tämä kirkko on totta. Olen tosi kitollinen että minä voin palvela tällä Suomessa. Tiedän että Jumala ja Jeesus Kristus rakasta meitä niin paljon.I know that this church is true. I am very grateful that I can serve here in Finland. I know that God and Jesus Christ love us so much. Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa aamen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment