Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016



Vaasa


The time really does fly here! I am loving Finland and all of the amazing people here. The weather is beautiful and the sun is shining! People have been a lot more willing to stop and talk to us and we've had a really great week. 

I don't know if I've mentioned before but Sisar Kwok and I teach lessons to a nine year old boy who is preparing to get baptized soon. Anyways we were teaching a lesson on all of God's commandments and we were going over the Ten Commandments and having him explain in his own words what they meant. He would tell us in Swedish and his mom would translate it into Finnish. When we got to the Thou shall not commit adultery one he said,'' Don't be like Grandma's first husband.'' His mom was cracking up too hard to translate for a minute but it was so funny. 

This week we've really been trying to get to know the ward members more and we've been going over and trying to share brief spiritual thoughts with a couple families and I'm always so amazed at how strong their faith is. Vaasa is a pretty small place and it always amazes me that a lot of the times when we stop and talk to people they'll already know a member of the church or have a Book of Mormon in their homes because they've already talked to the missionaries. 

I'm so excited to see everyone from my MTC group again!!! The train ride there is about 5 hours so we'll get there pretty late but lucky I have a giant rice crispie treat to sustain me, courtesy of my amazing mother. I'll be in training from Tuesday morning till Friday. We get back to Vaasa and then have to go to Pietarsari from Saturday till Sunday for District Conference ( it's their stake conference) and we get to stay in a hotel!!! So this week I will be in A LOT of meetings but I'm really looking forward to the experience. 

I love being a missionary and I know that the gospel truly does bless lives! I know that I was called here for a reason and that the Lord always qualifies who he calls. I know that He knows each of us personally and that's why he didn't send me here during a winter...I would have died. I love this gospel and the beautiful land of Finland.  Jeesuksen Kristukseen nimessa aamen. 
Sisar Roberts & Sisar Kwok



No comments:

Post a Comment