Thursday, February 11, 2016

February 11, 2016

 


Moi! I cannot believe that it's been a month!! What is life? I have only 17 months left to be a missionary and that blows my mind. I was feeling a little weird about how 2 entire months of my mission are in the MTC learning grammar rules but I had a really neat experience today on our temple trip. My companion and I didn't even have our tags on and we were walking around and I heard this cute little lady whisper, "those girls are missionaries." It made me so happy that she could tell even without the tag! It made me feel a lot better because I haven't felt like a "real missionary" yet. It made me remember that even if I 'm not going around sharing the gospel yet that doesn't stop me from being a called representative of Christ. 

Did you know that there are more sister missionaries in the MTC and in the mission field right now than elders???? Well it's because we are so mahtava (awesome!) I love our branch with it's 30 something girls and the 4 elders we have, the spirit is so strong in the meetings. We had the opportunity to hear from Jenny Oaks Baker who is Dallin H Oaks daughter and a SUPER talented classically trained violinist for our Sunday devotional. If you have time you should check out her music, she played us several of her songs and it was so beautiful. I love how instantly music brings in the spirit. On Tuesday for our devotional we heard from Edward Dube from the 70 and he was from Zimbabwe and his testimony was really cool as well. I don't really have much else to say every day is equally awesome and basically the same. Fun quote from someone about missions " When you focus on the time, it goes slow. When you don't focus on the time, it goes fast. When you focus on the Lord, time ceases to exist." I'm not super awesome but I honestly don't know what day it is anymore. Time here is so weird and even thinking about going home in 17 months kind of makes me want to cry. (not that I don't love everyone back home a ton!) But the best part of my day is putting on my missionary tag and remembering why I'm here. I'm here to invite others to come unto Christ and I testify that what I'm doing is the best thing for my life. Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's bad. Mina rakastan tämä kirkko ja Jeesuken Kristuksen evankeliumi. Mina teidään että tämä kirkko on totta. I love this church and Jesus Christ's gospel. I know that this church is true. Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa aamen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment